There are hundreds of online casinos to choose from today, and some are a lot more reliable than others. When choosing an online casino to sign up to, here are some important things you should always look out for.
What makes a good online casino?
There are lots of different factors that determine what makes a good online casino. Before you sign up to an online casino, always try and make sure of the following:
- That it’s owned and operated by a trustworthy company
- That it’s fully licensed by a renowned licensing authority (e.g., UK Gambling Commission, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Malta Gaming Authority, etc.)
- That is uses licensed software from well-established online casino software providers and game development studios
- That it has a generous welcome bonus for new players and other ongoing bonuses/promos with relatively low wagering requirements
- That it accepts a variety of tried and tested online payment options (e.g., Visa, Skrill, PayPal)
- That it provides friendly and responsive player support that can be reached 24 hours per day
- That the casino can be accessed from any modern smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop device
If the casino has all of the above, you can guarantee that you have found yourself a good online casino to sign up to. Before you register an account, don’t forget to check that it accepts your preferred payment method. For example, casino sites that accept skrill deposits are your best option if Skrill is your preferred payment method.
Which other online casino payment options are generally accepted?
Skrill is a popular digital wallet that’s now accepted at hundreds of fully licensed online casinos worldwide, and the good news is that it can be used for depositing and withdrawing. Some of the other popular digital wallets/e-Wallets/electronic wallets/web wallets that are also commonly accepted at online casinos are NETELLER, PayPal, and around 10-20 others.
As well as being able to deposit and withdraw at online casinos with digital wallets, most online casinos also accept various other reliable, secure, and convenient online payment methods, such as instant/direct bank transfers, prepaid cards, and credit and debit cards.
What about the games?
You will find that various industry-award-winning providers, such as Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, Red Tiger Gaming, Blueprint Gaming, and Pragmatic Play, have supplied the games at many of today’s best online casinos. Other notable providers include ELK Studios, Play’n GO, Yggdrasil Gaming, Relax Gaming, SG Digital, Thunderkick, iSoftBet, IGT, Push Gaming, Quickspin, and Playson, to name just a few.
One of the other essential things to look for in a good online casino is that it’s monitored by a trusted third-party online casino testing agency, such as eCOGRA, or TST (Technical Systems Testing), for example.
Also, make sure that the website is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This adds an extra layer of security to your account. SSL stops hackers from being able to hijack your transactions or funds and stops them from gaining access to your banking details and your personal information.